10 Steps to Keeping Your Skin Looking Radiant Throughout Ramadan!
Ramadan is just around the corner and I’m here to give you all some tips on how to keep your skin looking more beautiful than ever! Just follow these few steps and your relatives and friends will be begging to know what your secret is to your age-defying, luminous Ramadan skin.
- Drink at least 8 cups of water a day. Teas are great too with the benefits they provide, such as green and peppermint. Stay away from the sugary drinks!! If you want to opt for a juice, then maybe try a green juice recipe you’d like. They provide SO many vitamins, nutrients, minerals, and enzymes that benefit the skin (and give you extra energy).
- Cut the caffeine. I love my coffee, but caffeine only dehydrates the skin. Replace your cup of coffee with a piece of fruit and almonds that’ll give you the energy and hydrate your skin too.
- Stay away from the fried foods! Remember this: a minute on your lips, forever on the hips (and skin). Ever heard the expression ‘you are what you eat’? You don’t want oily, greasy skin, do you?
- Limit the dessert intake. I know this is a hard one with all of the yummy Ramadan desserts! But with so much sugar added to them, they can be so damaging to our skin. Instead, choose the mixed fruit salad or sliced watermelon and you will be so much happier with the long-term results!
- Cleanse and moisturize your skin on a daily basis. Having a set skincare routine to properly cleanse and moisturize your skin in the morning and night will leave your skin looking and feeling supple, balanced, and flawless. Don’t forget to exfoliate and apply facial masks when necessary.
- Did you know an hour of power walking a day keeps acne away? Check out this article! (article) An hour of power walking a day doesn’t just help you keep the weight off, but it also gives you a beautiful natural glow that’ll just make you want to keep on going to the gym AFTER Ramadan!
- Take care of the dark circles under the eyes – go to (this article) to read of different tips and tricks to reduce those dark under eye circles.
- During the month of Ramadan our sleeping patterns change dramatically. It’s important to still make sure we get our full 8+ hours of sleep.
- Do you have a pimple that just won’t seem to go away and you have to meet your relatives later at night? Dip a Q-tip in some Listerine mouthwash and dab it on the pimple. Wash it off when you are about to apply your makeup. It should be less inflamed and easier to cover up with a little bit of concealer. P.S. it shouldn’t hurt at all.
- Remember your multivitamins! Multivitamins should be included in your everyday routine, but especially during Ramadan.
I hope you all have a blessed Ramadan!!
Alia Brooke xx