The Top 5 Anti-Aging Skin Treatments by Dermatologists
In the past few years, girl I have done it all, and I mean the whole nine yards. I’ve been drinking my 2-3 liters of water a day, I have my skincare regimen that I seriously abide by with SPF every single day, I detox, I juice, I eat seriously healthy (except for those few cravings of course!), and I go to the gym… I’m doing what I can day-to-day to keep those “fine lines and wrinkles” away for as long as I possibly can. But lately, I’ve started seeing a dermatologist for the latest laser and facial treatments, because there really is nothing like having a seriously good doctor by your side.
We all know that Botox and filler can help do the trick – from mini-lifts to plumping and more. But nearly every time I go to the clinic there’s a new and improved type of laser or facial treatment being advertised for maintaining your youthful appearance. With so many options out there, how do we choose? From Kim Kardashian West’s notorious Vampire Facial to the Fractional CO2 Laser, there are so many possibilities out there for you… And I’m going to share with you the top 5 anti-aging, most youth-embracing, “fine lines and wrinkles” preventing treatments that you can have done.
- Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing: Although there are more and different versions of this laser that may be suggested (such as Regenlite Transform Laser), I’m including this one because I used it many times before on my burn scars and can personally say that the results from this laser were beyond incredible! Generally, the Fraxel Laser is used for remodeling of scars, age spots, evens out the skin tone, gets rid of fine lines and deep wrinkles, and helps achieve fresher, more youthful looking skin and texture. There are several different types of Fractional Laser – Fraxel Repair, Fraxel Restore, CO2 Laser, ablative vs. non-ablative – they all have slightly different results and indications. Talk to a dermatologist about which laser specifically would be best suited for you.
2. DermaPen: Do you remember Microdermabrasion? Well that is no more. DermaPen is a micro-needling pen used to even out skin tone, wrinkles, scarring, and age spots. It’s a bunch of extremely small needles that poke microscopic holes in your skin, stimulating and encouraging the production of collagen and elastin. This will have you ending up with firmer, more flawless looking skin!
3. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) a.k.a.Vampire Facial: Although Kim Kardashian West made this facial treatment famous back in 2013, 4 years later it is STILL celebrated for being one of the top age preventing facial treatments in the skincare industry. It works by extracting just a couple of teaspoons of your own blood and placing the blood in a filter, or centrifuge, to separate the plasma (rich in blood platelets) from the red and white blood cells. The plasma is then slathered on the face and a micro-needle rolls over the skin to the areas you want rejuvenated. Sometimes filler can be added to problem areas such as the under eye to give even more of an effect before the micro-needling process. The growth factors that were injected through the small channels in your skin stimulate the collagen in the skin and increase new blood flow, making the skin look younger and more replenished!
4. Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) Peels: We have all enjoyed a little sunbathing, maybe some of us have enjoyed it a little too much…you know who you are. Well, this is for you. The TCA Peel is one of the best peels for sun damage to the skin and hyperpigmentation. This peel gets rid of the damage but with a new technique – it doesn’t damage the outer layer of skin. It completely dodges the epidermis and gets rid of that damage. Recovery time with this peel is only slight dryness and flaking for a mere week! You’ll get a brighter, less dull, and more even-looking complexion.
5. VBeam Perfecta Laser: This is another laser that I’ve tried and tested on my scars, and I’m a major fan of. But it’s also in all of the lists of the top anti-aging secrets anywhere you look! This pulsed-dye laser is great for scars (acne or other), rosacea, discolored skin… pretty much anything with a reddish pigment to it. Getting rid of these little imperfections will leave you with a flawless and more youthful looking complexion!
Before you go ahead and try any of these, make sure you find a board-certified dermatologist who YOU are comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable about the treatments out there, and make sure you can express what YOU want.
Best of luck beauties!
Alia Brooke xx