I have always been a huge DIY girl. I love knowing what’s going into my products, what’s going onto my skin, and also being able to control the scents (what and how much)! It’s not only super easy, but it’s also really therapeutic making your own body or face lotions, body butters, shampoos, conditioners, soaps, the list goes on… Here I’m going to show you one of my all-time favorite recipes for body lotion, and it just takes these 5 ingredients!
- ½ cup almond oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup beeswax
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E oil
- Few drops of any essential oil (or a combination of oils you like – I usually love using vanilla or rose)
The thing about this recipe is that you can add in any essential oil (or several different oils) to make the perfect scent for you. Essential oils have a variety of purposes and beneficial qualities, from medicinal to mental health and everything in between. These oils can be used to help with insomnia, stress relief, aching pains, weight loss, and hair growth just to list a few. Whatever it is that you intend to focus on, there are essential oils that can be beneficial for you. To make the lotion, here are the directions.
- Combine all ingredients in a pint sized or larger glass jar.
- Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and place over medium heat.
- Put a lid on the jar loosely and place in the pan with the water.
- As the water heats, the ingredients in the jar will start to melt. Shake or stir occasionally to incorporate. When all ingredients are completely melted, pour into whatever jar or tin you will use for storage. Small mason jars (8 ounce) are great for this. It will not pump well in a lotion pump!
I hope you all love this lotion as much as I do!
Alia Brooke xx