Do you have those dark circles under your eyes that just seem to be getting darker the more you look at them? Whether it’s in your genes, stress, not enough sleep, or you just had a good long cry the night before, we all want to get rid of them, and NOW! Well I have some quick and easy tips for you to help reduce the darkness under your eyes to make you look fresh and relaxed without the use of makeup!
- Using cold chamomile or green tea bags, close your eyes and place them over. Let them sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Mix equal amounts of fresh tomato juice and lemon juice. Apply to your under eyes with cotton balls, let sit for 10 minutes, and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat this at least twice a day.
- Rose water is well known and commonly used in the Middle East for its beauty qualities. For dark circles, soak cotton balls in rose water and apply to your eyes, let sit for 15 minutes. Also, a daily spritz of rose water is great for rejuvenating your skin.
- For a more permanent effect to help fade those dark circles, lightly dab (and I mean very lightly) almond oil under your eyes before you go to bed each night. When you wake in the morning make sure to wash the almond oil off.
- Dip a cotton ball in extra chilled milk. Place them on your eyes for 10 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Ever wonder why cucumbers are always used during facials and spa treatments? Well they aren’t just healthy and delicious, but they have skin-lightening components that help to eliminate the darkness for a more permanent effect. Here’s how: slice chilled cucumbers very thinly and place over your eyes. Sit back and relax for 15-20 minutes. Repeat this morning and night for about 10 days.
- Mix equal amounts of buttermilk and turmeric to create a paste. Apply this to your eyes and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water for relaxed looking eyes.
- Last tip, have a big cup of coffee to give you some energy… it’ll open your big beautiful eyes and it’ll give you some energy for the day ahead of you!
I hope this helps!
Alia Brooke xx